If you own a business in today’s technologically advanced day and age, then you must know that Google is the king of advertising. There are many other search engines out there, but Google is preferred by almost everyone. This is because it is the search engine with the most information, the most updated information, and the most relevant information to what users tend to search for online. On top of Google being the most popular search engine that consumers use and that businesses advertise on, the platform has its own list of various rules and regulations that allow businesses to advertise in a safe and professional way, but also in a way that makes information easiest to find for the consumer. Therefore, when you have a business that you want to start advertising to customers on Google, your advertising efforts will be the most successful if you create them in such a way that they are designed for the ease of the customer. If you do this, Google will be more likely to rank your business higher on its listings when someone searches for keywords that describe the products or services that your business offers. And the easier you are to find, the more customers will know about you, and the more money you will make. That is the goal, right?
One simple way to start advertising on Google
If you want to start advertising your business on Google right away, here are some steps to get you started…
- Create a Google Ads account (one of the best decisions you’ll ever make for your business)
- Click “campaigns”
- Start a new campaign and choose the type of campaign you want to start (keep in mind who you want your target audience to be)
- Determine what the objective of your advertising will be for this campaign (sales, customer retention, brand voice, etc.)
- Choose what you think would be a good goal for your conversions from the campaign (sales made)
- Keep an eye on your results and see how your potential customers react to your new campaign (this is an essential step because if you get results that you aren’t happy with or that you weren’t expecting, you can always tweak your campaigns in a way that you believe will end up producing the results you’re looking for; this is commonly referred to as AB testing and is very effective in the advertising world; this can also be done using Google analytics)
- You’ll want to become familiar with terms such as cost-per-click (CPC) which is how much you’ll be paying every time someone clicks on the campaign you’ve created, cost-per-mille (CPM) which is how much you’ll be paying per 1,000 impressions made on your campaign, and cost-per-engagement (CPE) which is how much you’ll pay when a user takes action on your ad such as signing up for an email list or watching a video
- There are various types of ads that you can create with a Google Ads account, including search campaigns, display campaigns, shopping campaigns, video campaigns, and app campaigns
Now that you know how to get started advertising your business on Google, there is another essential aspect of advertising on Google that is necessary to getting your business found online. This tool is called Google Keyword Planner. The Keyword Planner allows you to explore campaigns that you’ve made, discover new keywords that might be useful to describe your business or its products/services in a campaign, and allows you to see metrics of the results of your campaigns by viewing the average monthly viewers, competition, ad impression share, and top of page bid (high and low).
Lastly, one of the most useful ways to have your business found online with Google is by making a Google My Business Account. Google My Business is like Google’s own social media platform. To give you an idea, a Google My Business account pops up when you make a Google search and you see a map, and under the map there are a bunch of businesses listed with their corresponding phone numbers and websites. The reason having a Google My Business account for your own business is so essential is because it is just another way to make it easy for customers to find you online. And because Google My Business acts so similarly to a social media platform, you will be able to add posts to your account, update information, manage reviews, and more.
To sum it all up
Google offers a lot when it comes to ways to advertise one’s business online. Google Ads, Keyword Planner, and Google My Business are just a few of the tools that Google offer’s it’s users to get found more online. Here at Ceemi Agency, we have professionals who have expertise in each of these areas who are willing and eager to help your business by utilizing the tools they’re great at using. Digital marketing can seem like a daunting term and an even more daunting project to take on all by yourself because there are so many different avenues that can be taken when it comes to digital marketing. The best avenues to take can all depend on the type of business you’re running, the industry it is in, the type of customers you wish to target, your goals of advertising campaigns, etc. Because of that, we have built a great, reliable, and professional team of digital marketing experts right here in Long Beach that can take digital marketing off your hands so that you can focus on doing what you do best, providing your customers with high-quality products and services… we’ll just be doing the work to get those customers in the door. You’ll be the one to keep them coming back!
If you have any further questions regarding Google Ads, Keyword Planner, Google My Business, the services we offer, our prices, or if you have any other general questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! We also offer free consultations. We look forward to speaking with you and seeing how we can market your business in the best way possible.
Written by Seaira Galgerud